Friday, November 9, 2007

Take This Crow and Stuff It

So last week, my office did this decorate-a-scarecrow thing, and, in a fit of team spirit, I convinced my magazine group to decorate one. We brainstormed ideas and came up with creating a crow, dressed as a scarecrow. Witty, right? One of the art directors in our group teamed up with her husband to make this AMAZING crow head from a piece of styrofoam and who knows what else, and the other art director made these really cool legs and feet out of parts she gathered at the hardware store. We cut, we crafted, we hot-glued feathers, and we thought our creation was pretty cool.

Unfortunately, below is the winning entry. It was a 7-foot-tall robot that's head turned in the wind. It was pretty impressive. Though, in retrospect, it really had nothing to do with being a scarecrow.

We had fun, anyway. And I SO want a hot-glue gun now.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Michael's has coupons for 40% off a single item like almost every week...they sell glue guns there ;-)

I don't know what kind they were using, but I've always had really good luck with the cheapy mini-glue guns.

Every girl needs a gun...especially if it heats glue!

Hettie said...

Ooh, I just clipped a Michael's coupon and was trying to figure out what to get there. Good suggestion!

So, what's the NRA's position on the right to bear hot glue?

AndreaK said...

I LOVE my glue gun. it is completely worth it even if you only pull it out once a year (mind you, it is NOT kid friendly).

mine was a going away gift from my Chrysler pals - because I couldn't keep my hands off my techs clue guns in the lab.