Monday, November 26, 2007

Home Wrecker

Last night, I realized we're in trouble. And by that I mean I discovered Nora, while we weren't paying attention, had climbed up onto a kitchen chair and was happily doodling away with a marker. Luckily, she'd also found a piece of paper to doodle on and only a small amount was on the table...and her chin. She was not happy when I traded the marker for a crayon, and gave me a sour look and a plaintive "miiiiine!"

This was after we'd already taken away the pair of screwdrivers she'd been walking around with earlier when she started using them to stab at the new paint job in our bathroom, and also after we had to liberate her of the two pencils she was using to draw on the bathroom tile. Sigh.

I'd kinda forgotten about this stage -- able to get almost anywhere, but too young to understand the rules. I don't even want to imagine the fate of our Christmas tree.


No comments: