Thursday, November 1, 2007

Watch out, Brad Pitt!

So last Wednesday, Jon and I each took an hour off from work to go see Owen in his first school play. The 4-year-old kindergarten class was performing a mix of Mother Goose rhymes, with the class reciting them as others acted out the words (Jack jumped over the candlestick and burned his bottom, Miss Muffet was scared of the stuffed spider, etc.)

And yah, it was pretty darned cute.

Owen was an "all the king's horses" workin' on poor, clutzy Humpty Dumpty. That kid can put him together again with the best of them.



As the big finish, they did a rendition of Itsy Bitsy Spider, including a verse that was Big, Enormous Spider, complete with big arm motions and loud voices. All the kids got into it (what 4-year-old doesn't welcome the opportunity to yell and act crazy...in school?!). But Owen REALLY got into it. He screwed up his face to try to look all mean and he held his arms so wide I thought he was going to smack the poor kid next to him. He was even turning a bit red from all the effort. Course, I didn't catch all that with a picture...maybe someday I'll post Jon's video.



My kid, the over actor. I'm so proud.

No comments: