Friday, November 16, 2007

Brothers and Sisters

The whole sibling thing really can be amazing to watch. It seemed that from the moment we brought Nora home, she knew Owen was someone special -- not just another one of the "big people" around her. And Owen wanted to get to know her.

Nora definitely looks up to Owen and will follow his lead (sometimes NOT a good thing) and he, in turn, takes care of her. It has been so long since I was entrenched in the day-to-day of a sibling, that I forget how natural that relationship is.
Not only do they play together pretty well, they LIKE playing together. Though I do admit, left alone too long, it can end up something like this.
But just as often, it's something like this
Or this...
It's going to be interesting to watch their relationship change and grow. Until someday, I guess, they'll be meeting over beers to discuss their crazy parents.

1 comment:

Slomack said...

OMG! That first picture is friggin' hilarious!! I can only imagine how it got to that point!!

I love the other two, too...the one of them in the laundry basket is priceless (my parents used to complain that with all our toys, we liked playing in the boxes they came in best!), and I just love the pigtails in the last one!!!