Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Raindrops on Roses or Whiskers on Kittens?

Last night, I asked Owen what his favorite things were. Without even having to think about it, here is what he listed:

Helicopters and boats and choo-choo trains and cross-its [then a pause] and Chucky Cheese's and Menard's.

And then he went back to coloring.

"Cross-its" by the way, are railroad crossings. He loves pointing them out when they're off; loves watching them when they're on.

So, what are my favorite things? Off the top of my head, I'd have to say:
Lazy Sunday afternoons with my family, going to bed early with a good book, a slightly bittersweet mocha, a long-procrastinated job finally done, GYGD weekends, the first daffodils of spring, a mindless movie with my husband and a glass of red wine, discovering new things about my kids...I'm sure there's more, but now I'm thinking too hard, which sorta defeats the purpose of trying to see what instantaneously comes into my head.

But come to think of it, I like cross-its now, too.

1 comment:

Slomack said...

Menard's? Clearly he's a boy.

Either that or he just loves singing the "Save big money at Menard's" theme song.

Which, come to think of it, so do I.

Thanks for sharing your kids with us ;-)