Monday, November 12, 2007

Picture Day

So, last week, maybe the week before (oh, how the days run together sometimes), we got Owen's school pictures back. And I would have to say he had a pretty good first outing. The smile is a bit off and the gaze slightly off-camera, so it's just enough not-quite-right to be a real school picture. Cuz, really, how many school pictures were YOU happy with through the years?


Course, the thing that threw me was how OLD he looked. Maybe it's the short haircut or the way-too-preppy polo or maybe it's because it looks like he's really, really trying to smile nice, but it just made me think, where has my little boy gone? You know, the one in this picture, which was taken a year and a half earlier.
It's one of my favorites because it was taken a few days after Nora was born. And, in addition to being appropriately rumpled, doesn't he look like he might be thinking, Yup, I'm a big brother now. B-I-G brother, that's me!

2 comments:

Slomack said...

Oh, oh, oh, adorable!

I think the main difference is in the cheeks...he's lost a little of his little boy roundness (I refuse to use the words "baby fat!").

And incidentally, I think it's a GREAT school picture...remind me to show you some of my humdingers sometime ;-)

AndreaK said...

ach! he does look a little 'old boyish' - he is trying SO hard! my few school pics early on were generally way less clean. (as in, i'm not sure I brushed my hair those days).

i am now going to count my aging in Owen years. (dogs don't make you feel the years as much as watching your friends kids grow up does).