Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas

Twas the night before Christmas and I really should be packing. But here I sit, at the computer, slacking. The stockings are hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that sleeping children will remain unaware. As we get out the presents and put them under the tree, for them to open tomorrow, brimming with glee.

OK, 'nuff of the rhyming.

We're trying something new this year. We'll actually be at home on Christmas morning before hitting the road. I honestly can't remember the last time we woke up in our own home on Christmas. It definitely made for a much more relaxing day today. I finished the wrapping while Nora napped and Owen and Jon got haircuts. We'll be spending the day with my parents, and then heading out for 2 more days of traveling to visit grandparents.

Owen is definitely excited this year. Invoking the name "Santa Claus" got him to play nicely with his sister -- unattended -- for a good 30-45 minutes tonight. He has been bouncing off the walls all evening though. I hope he sleeps.

Merry Christmas! (Or Happy Life Day!)




No comments: