Monday, December 31, 2007

Falling in Love Again

...with music, that is.

iPods are magic. I used to think, why would anyone need to carry around 1,000 (or 10,000) of their favorite songs? Well, perhaps so they can sit at work on a holiday and listen to some Spoon or Sinead or whatever else comes up on shuffle. Makes the day much better.

I've had more fun in the last 2 weeks with music than I have had in awhile. And, since I share an iTunes account with my husband, I'm finding some artists that HE knows, but I don't. Or I'm finding out the names of songs/albums that I've heard, but never had that quick, pocket-sized reference to know WHO I'm listening to. I feel like I'm rediscovering part of the old me -- the one who knew all sorts of weird "C-stack" artists (and would play them on the radio ad nauseum). The one who went to concerts. The one who looked forward to Tuesdays, because it was the day new albums came out.

So, thank you, Apple, for this wonderful invention. What boon for music.

(Though I am the only one bothered by the conundrum of whether or not to capitalize the "i" when using iPod at the beginning of the sentence? Dang journalism school!)

1 comment:

Stacy said...

That is a conundrum when it's at the beginning of a sentence. I say keep it lowercase just because Apple is cool. And when you're that cool, you get to go against the rules.