Friday, January 16, 2009

My Thumb Froze to the Doorknob this Morning

Photobucket

It has been cold here. Highs of below-zero cold. On Thursday and Friday, Owen's school was closed. And my thumb actually did momentarily stick to the doorknob when I went to get the newspaper off the front stoop. So, what does one do on a "cold day,"as opposed to a snow day?

Well...

You use straws to blow bubbles in a tub of water. The water tub also is good for conducting experiments. For instance, we learned that pennies and nickels sink, but marker caps float AND they make cool color streaks in the water.


You eat lunch with your sunglasses on. After all, it is quite sunny in the kitchen.



You cuddle up to watch TV with some blankets, some stuffed animals and a sibling.


You try ice-freezing experiments. It takes about 6 hours for a small container of ice to freeze completely solid. (I was surprised it took that long, actually.) Then you put that ice in the freezer and take it out when Mom wants to take your picture with it. But it's slippery, and you drop it immediately after the picture is taken. And then you blame Momma, 'cuz it was her stupid idea to take a picture.


You try out your silly smile.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Between this posting and the one from Christmas, you sound like a super mom with all kinds of cool and creative ideas. Cute!

Slomack said...

Wow...can I take a minute to say how fast your kids are growing up? It took me a minute, but I realized this is the first time I've seen Nora sit in a "big girl" chair to eat. Yowza!

Slomack said...

Wow...can I take a minute to say how fast your kids are growing up? It took me a minute, but I realized this is the first time I've seen Nora sit in a "big girl" chair to eat. Yowza!