Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Sunday night it snowed. Last night it got COLD and tonight I'm already sick of winter.

I'm not usually like this. Usually, I embrace the change of seasons. Usually, the no-holds-barred beauty of white snow on tree limbs against a brilliant blue sky is enough to overcome the inconveniences of cold morning cars, wet boot tracks all over the house and frosty nighttime sheets. Brrr! 

I think I've got Arizona on the brain. Or maybe I AM like this every year and it just takes awhile before I settle back into the routines of winter. Before I remember to start the car a few minutes early, keep towels by the door or find where I stored that oh-so-wonderful electric mattress pad. Or maybe, I just need to get the Christmas decorations up because that's what really eases the transition. Well, that and what I'm enjoying right now -- a cup of Ghirardelli hot cocoa. Double chocolate flavor. Hmmmm.

No comments: