Sunday, May 11, 2008

Strike!

Did you know they grease the lanes at bowling alleys? Well, I didn't. But I do now.

We went bowling today since it was a bit cold and rainy for our traditional Mother's Day trip to the zoo. Nora was giving it a whirl with a 5-pound ball, and, at one point, decided to toss her ball down the lane next to ours. It kinda just plopped in the gutter and started slowly rolling away. And so, naturally, I went after it. Ran after it, actually. And promptly fell right on my behind. Oh, the humanity.

So there I am, laying on the lane, Nora's crying because the whole thing (understandably) freaked her out, and I didn't even come close to rescuing her ball.

Banged up my elbow a bit. Though I think my pride suffered the worst bruise. I think if I tagged my blog entries, I'd need to start a new category for "I'm such a dork."


3 comments:

Slomack said...

Oh, ouch! Happy Mother's Day to YOU! Sorry you got banged up, but I hope you had a great day anyway.

Gretel didn't do much to celebrate--except cuddle with me--and sometimes, that's just enough!

Stacy said...

I don't think you were a dork. I think you were like Super Mom. Not all moms will go diving down the bowling lane to save a ball. Now that is impressive!

AndreaK said...

i have a friend who, in high school gym class - bowling unit, went to do the leg sweep release and fell pretty much flat on her side (think she injured her knee as well)...so i think it's way more common than you might imagine. :)