Sunday, March 14, 2010

Owen turns 7

For the past couple of years, I've written a birthday post on my kids' birthdays. This year, well, let's just say I'm not going to make this deadline.

If there's one thing I've learned over the past year, it's that some deadlines you have to make, and others -- usually the self-imposed ones -- you don't. So, this weekend, I spent my time preparing for and hosting Owen's birthday party, baking cookies for him to share with his classmates (all 37 of them, sheesh!), preparing photos for his "star of the week" board at school and even sneaking in a little bit of downtime on my own birthday.

In other words, I didn't have time to gather my thoughts this week to sum up all the ways he has grown up this year. And there were many. My goodness there were many. So I'm going to take my time, and probably cry as I write about my little baby who's getting all grown up, because that's what mothers do.

Until then, I'll leave you with this list, which is his All About Me quiz, completed today, the day he turned 7 years old. How did that happen? Wasn't his first birthday just yesterday?

Favorite color: Blue
Favorite book: The Cat in the Hat
Favorite TV show: SpongeBob Squarepants
Favorite sport: Baseball
When I grow up, I want to be: A dad who makes movies
I'm special because: I'm nice and I'm funny
Place I'd most like to visit: Florida
Favorite food: Hot dogs and mac n cheese
One thing I really want to learn: Math
Best thing about me: I'm really weird
The people in my family are: my mom, my dad, my sister. They are nice people.
Pets: Loki and Freya
Best friends: Matthew and Aidan
Person I admire most: My dad
Favorite subject in school: Gym

1 comment:

Slomack said...

Okay, so I'm late in reading this (real life does just get in the way too often, doesn't it???), but I have to tell you I cried a little at the "a dad who makes movies" answer. Wow, what a kid you have there.

And yes, for the record, his first birthday WAS just yesterday. I know he's getting older; I can see he's getting older, but seeing you type out "7" just about did me in.

Hope the March birthday crew both had good birthdays!!