Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Got My Sticker

Election Day. Woke up this morning EXCITED. Felt a little like that mix of nervous energy and anticipation of a kid on Christmas morning. I love voting. I love Election Day. I don't even mind waiting in line. There's just something about standing there with your fellow neighbors waiting your turn to help decide WHO.

Due to a mix of events that's affecting my schedule today, I was going to try to hit the polls early and be done soon after 7. Since our polling place is only a block away, I peeked at the building at 6:00 and 6:15 and saw little commotion, so I waited to head over there until 6:30. By then, there was a line, and by 6:55, it had really grown. But by 7:15, I had colored in my little arrows, submitted my ballot and collected my "I Voted" sticker.

And now we wait.

2 comments:

Slomack said...

Don't forget to collect on your free Starbucks coffee, free Ben and Jerry's and free Krispy Kreme donut!!

Hettie said...

Ugh. If only! That "mix of events" includes my car going into the shop this morning. And I so wanted that free coffee today, too. I didn't know about the Ben and Jerry's though. I may have to locate an B&J proprietor within walking distance ;)