Thursday, July 10, 2008

Back from the Shawangunk Mountains

So, yesterday morning, this was my view...

Photobucket

I woke up early before the meeting I was attending in NY to take a quick hike up to the "Sky Top" trail where, apparently, on a clear day (which it wasn't), you can see six states from the tower that sits atop the ridge.

Oh, and that castle-like building down there...that's where I was staying. Amazing place. The setting and the few hours of free time I managed to squeeze over the course of my 24-hour stay even made the 10 hours of flying, 3 trips through security (including two bag searches because I misread the liquid carry-on rules), the 3 hours of delays that resulted in a missed connection and an unexpected overnight stay in Atlanta, and oh, the 2.5 hours of sleep I got last night as a result of that whole shenanigan...well, that view and the beauty of that place made it all worth it.

There were no TVs or radios in the rooms, but there were balconies and porches equipped with rocking chairs to enjoy the views absolutely everywhere. And really, who would expect to come back from a work meeting with 160+ pictures of the scenery?

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ooooo a relaxing business trip (so obviously, free) with no kids????? JEALOUS!

Slomack said...

So is that the Mohunk Mountain House??